About Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan
Dementia Helpline 1-877-949-4141 firstname.lastname@example.org
First Link is a program of the Alzheimer Society that connects people with dementia and their families to information, support services and as early as possible and throughout the disease progression.
Who to refer to First Link®?
- Individuals with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
- Family members
When to refer?
- As soon as a diagnosis is made
- At any other time in the dementia journey
How to refer?
- Ask the individual or family member for permission to forward their name and contact information to First Link®
- complete a one-page referral form
- fax to First Link® toll free 1-866-746-1507
- email to email@example.com
What happens when First Link® receives the referral?
- Individuals or family members will receive:
- A phone call from an Alzheimer Society staff within the time frame indicated on the referral form.
- Individualized information, education and support
- Contact Information for ASOS, community, and health care programs and services that may be helpful
- Plus, the thing that makes ASOS unique is that, with client permission, we make a commitment that at least every 6 months we will attempt to follow up as a check-in to see how things are going, what may have changed, what new information may be needed, and to offer additional programs and services
- First Link® will send a confirmation to each referring professional when contact has been made with the individual or family.
Contact: Windel Bucknor
First Link Coordinator
Saskatoon Resource Centre
Direct Line: 306-683-6324
Toll free: 1-800-263-3367 (SK only)